The District Education Office is situated on the 2nd floor of Mini Secretariat, near Bharat Nagar Chowk, Ludhiana.
The said office deals with secondary education from classes vi to xii. The Department also provides education in science, arts, commerce, and vocation stream. In district Ludhiana there are four model schools namely:
- Govt. Model Sr. Sec. School, PAU Ludhiana
- Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Cemetary Road, Ludhiana
- Govt. Model Sr. Sec. School, Model Town, Ludhiana
- Govt. Model Sr. Sec. School, Miller Ganj at Dholewal, Ludhiana
In these schools every facility is available and student can opt any medium i.e. English or punjabi. In district Ludhiana there are 532 schools which are classified as under
|Type of School||Count|
|Govt. Sr. Sec. Schools (click for more deatils)||188|
|Govt. High schools (click for more deatils)||153|
|Govt. Middle schools (click for more deatils)||191|
There are 58 employees in this office and there are four branches namely, establishment branch, account branch, general branch, audit branch. Beside this there is one post of District Education Officer, two posts of Deputy District Education Officer, one post of District Science Supervisor, one post of District Co-ordinator, one post of Guidance councillor and one post of Assistant Education Officer (phy. education). At present, the office bearers in this office are as under: –
|1||District Education Officer (SE)||Ms. Swaranjit Kaur|
|2||Dy. Distt. Education Officer (SE)||S. Nahar Singh|
|3||Dy. Distt. Education Officer (SE)||S. Ashish Kumar|
|4||Distt. Science Supervisor||Smt. Balwinder Kaur|
|5||Guidance Councillor||S. Gurkirpal Singh|
|6||A.E.O.||S. Bikramjit Bhanot|
|8||Distt Coordinator (ICT)||NIL|
|9||Distt Coordinator (Edusat)||NIL|
|10||Supdt(Establishment)||Sh. Sushil K.Sharma|
|11||Supdt General Branch||Vacant|
|12||Supdt Account Branch||Sh. Bharat Bhushan|
|13||Cashier||Sh. Harinder Kumar|
|14||Stenographer||Smt. Balwinder Kaur|
- The District Education Officer controls the whole district with regard to Education, manage, guide, hear and redress the complaints of the teachers, other staff and general public. All the duties by the teachers and other staff are complied with under the name of District Education Officer.
- The Admn. Officer control the whole office and guide the branches i.e. Establishment branch, account branch, general branch and audit branch.
- The Deputy Education Officers work under the guidance of District Education Officer and comply all the duties which are given by the District Education Officer.
- The District science Supervisor controls all the activities regarding science like seminars, science fairs, exhibitions and science practicals and guides the District on science subject.
- The District Guidance Councillor guides the students on all the subjects, and various competition examination for further studies.
- The Assistant Education Officer under the guidance of Distt. Education Officer controls the sports activities of whole District and conduct and arrage tournament for various games.
Function of Various Branches
- General Branch : This Branch deals with the scholarship of students, award to the teachers, permission for higher qualification to the teachers, seminars etc.
- Establishment Branch: This Branch deals with the appointment, promotion, transfer, acp, of teachers and non teaching staff, rationalisation, results.
- Account Branch : This Branch deals with the account matters as pay of the teachers, grants to the schools, g.p.f maintenance, pension cases, loan cases and budget, medical reimbursement etc.
- Audit Branch : This Branch deals with the private aided schools, their pension cases, grants ,budget, pay and posts.
- ICT Branch : All works related to Computer Teacher, their salaries, regularisation, leaves, hardware software, complaints, internet connections. For more information visit http://ictludhiana.com
- EDUSAT Branch : All works related to SITs, ROTs, and their functioninsetting up Lab in schools, Education through sattelite.
- RMSA Branch : This Branch deals with Rashtriya Madhmic Sikhsha Abhyan. All works related to RMSA Teachers, Teacher Trainings, Major repair, civil works, Planning Dated : 17-08-2012